 Organizations / United States / 469
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 05:04:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Frank Filz writes:

Well, the FAQ is the only "policy" of the group that I see. Other than that, I
see a single member of the organization sharing his views, which may or may
not be those of the rest of the organization.

I did notice that I didn't comment on a couple of the other items which
addressed the age issue, so here are comments on those:

] What defines an adult?
]
] Currently, we are asking for members 18 and up.

Can't argue with that one. That's a standard interpretation of "adult"

You could argue for 21(voting), 16(age of consent/age you can marry) or any
myriad of ages around the world where people are subject to laws.

] Can minors attend with a parent/guardian?
]
] Sorry but no. The primary reason for this is that for most of our meeting we
] just sit around talking. Our feeling is that this would be both boring for
] the minor attending and for the parent/guardian in attendance. Even if the
] minor is interested in the discussion we really don't want "board out of
] their skull" parents sitting off in the corner wishing they could leave.

let's hope they're taking about Lego or maybe it's adult talk !

Well, I doubt the discussion would be boring to Shiri. Your FAQ doesn't
address the issue of minors attending with permission of their parents
(certified by a waiver if necessary). Shiri's parents probably would be bored,
but then, that wouldn't be your concern unless they would disrupt the meeting
because of their boredom.

Hey Frank, why don't we all join NELUG (no geographical restrictions) and
vote down their restrictive rule (betcha they would find a way to stop us).

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>