 Organizations / United States / 201
Re: NELUG meeting report from 12/16/1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 18:58:43 GMT

David A Karr <karr@shore.net> wrote:
What I wonder then is if under-18s could be permitted to _accompany_ a
parent who is a NELUG member, possibly with additional conditions.
Personally, this wouldn't be an ideal solution for me because my kids would
still limit my own participation, but it might be better than nothing on
occasion--and I suspect that one or two of those who are asking for
"junior" membership might be able to convince a parent to become a NELUG
member and let them tag along to meetings.  [snip]

I won't speak to the first issue, but we had some discussion about the
second. Part of the problem is that it'd suck to have parent chaperones
sitting around in the back of the meeting feeling bored. And really, it's
not conducive to the kind of environment we'd like to promote: it's nice to
know that everyone in the room is also a lego geek.