 Organizations / United States / 107
Re: Utah Legomaniacs group name nominations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ut.slc
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:19:41 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

Matthew Miller wrote:
Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:
WAFOL   (Wasatch Area Fans of Lego)
As an outsider, I'd recommend against this one -- Wasatch doesn't mean
anything to me, and if I had to guess, I'd probably think "some strange and
fabled mountain creature related to the Yeti" before I'd think "somewhere in
Utah".

Then maybe it's time to fix that, neh?  :-,  I had no idea what "Bay Area" was
until I came to the States...then I discovered it referred to the San
Francisco Bay area...then I discovered it really depended upon which bay you
were closest to.  That doesn't make the monkier any less appropriate; it just
means that I had learned a new name.

Hm, what areas are known as "the Bay Area"? I've only ever associated it
with the SF area, and I've only lived on the East coast.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com