 Off-Topic / Fun / 3270
Re: Cost of living (Was: Utah Legomaniacs group name nominations)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 07:14:08 GMT

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999 05:06:10 GMT, "Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> wrote:

I did better than that for a couple of years, but not by much.  Rent was ~
$300 a month (no way in hell I'm living there again though), about the same
for food (I figure ~10 per day, but I worked in the school cafeteria).  Add
travel expenses ($20 a month for the bus pass) and incidentals (Legos, phone,
water, etc.) and I paid around $750 a month to live; that pretty much maxed
out my full-time minimum wage paycheck.  Then came tuition and books, which
about killed me.

This was in Utah; the cost of living *is* higher than it is in Texas, but the
minimum wage is about the same.  Your dad's right about it being disgusting.
You'll pay through the nose.

Cheers,
- jsproat

Two words:  Roommate.  Now only if I could get in touch with my
friends back in Utah...

Kya