 Local / United States / Utah / 52
Re: Utah Legomaniacs group name nominations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ut.slc
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:13:16 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:
Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:
WAFOL   (Wasatch Area Fans of Lego)
As an outsider, I'd recommend against this one -- Wasatch doesn't mean
anything to me, and if I had to guess, I'd probably think "some strange and
fabled mountain creature related to the Yeti" before I'd think "somewhere in
Utah".

Then maybe it's time to fix that, neh?  :-,  I had no idea what "Bay Area" was
until I came to the States...then I discovered it referred to the San
Francisco Bay area...then I discovered it really depended upon which bay you
were closest to.  That doesn't make the monkier any less appropriate; it just
means that I had learned a new name.

'Tis true, that "Wasatch" is an unusual name, and not often heard of.
However, it very accurately locates our tiny group, and reflects a certain
regional pride.  At any rate, it is much better than your typical "tri-state"
or "tri-county" label.  So, while it's not very well-known, it is indeed
appropriate and I stand by my nomination.

Cheers,
- jsproat

It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.
  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.
               It's the same log.  It's the same log.  It's the same log.