 Organizations / SciBrick / 80
  Request for membership cancellation

Dear SciBrick members, I was asked to join SciBrick after slightly helping out with the Houston Rendevous event. While my name was never mentioned on the website for helping, most likely because I, in fact, did not in any way participate with the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick)

  Re: Request for membership cancellation

(...) I am really confused by your claims of elitism. Our rules are set up so that new members are introduced by existing members who can "vouch" for them. This is to prevent unknown people from joining the club and causing trouble or representing (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: Request for membership cancellation

(...) You need to clarify when you make a blanket statement like that. What specifically do you have a problem with and why? You opinions are valuable both to scibrick and to the AFOL community in general, so please share them. Meanwhile, First rule (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick)

  Re: Request for membership cancellation

(...) My reasons are my own, which I have already shared with Joe Meno, whom has contacted me via email, and Mark Sandlin, through said email. I did indeed talk to a SciBricker or two before and after I made my decision, and though my stance on the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick)

  Re: Request for membership cancellation

(...) Anthony, The troubling thing about this is - if you wanted to just cancel your membership, emailing Joe or posting to the SciBrick webserv would probably have been the best route. However, you've laid some fairly offensive accusations (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick)

  Re: Request for membership cancellation

(...) I tend to agree. (...) In my view it would be best if this entire thread just went away (including this post that I am typing) and I am sure Frand and I'd be happy to make that happen if all the participants chose to ask for their posts to be (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick)

  Re: Request for membership cancellation

(...) I agree with Lenny on this. Sorry for being late on this, gang. I did send a note to Anthony concerning this personally, as I thought it would be appropriate. Of course, I completely forgot about the thread here. Simply put, Anthony has his (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick)

  curatorship and curatorship attributes

(...) Joe: If you want, you can also send notes to Frank or myself, we can change curatorships too. A note from Felix (copying you) at this point would clearly document the desired transition. The way your post reads, it could be leaving the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Request for membership cancellation

(...) Hmm... You talk as if discussion is a BAD thing... Heavens lets not invite discussion and free thinking ;) --Anthony (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick)

  Re: Request for membership cancellation

(...) Discussion ensues when attention is drawn. And calling a group of your "peers" "elitist, stifling, and anal retentive", certainly counts. Especially when by not allowing discussion, you allow no chance for said group of "peers" to defend your (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick)

  Re: Request for membership cancellation

(...) They're rules...rules always sound worse than they really are. (...) Respectfully, Anthony, I read the bylaws, too, and within those bylaws, I don't see it. It's possible you may feel left out in some way because the group, at this time, seems (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick)