 Organizations / Italia / ItLUG / 2666
Re: Rcx, buggy motors e portapile
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.it.itlug
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:35:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.it.itlug, Luca Delcarro wrote:

"samurai74" <baldi_nospam_@venus.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
Vedendo questa foto
mi ritorna in mente il già discusso problema legato all'utilizzo dei
potentissimi buggy motors http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/5292 in
abbinamento
all'RCX, purtroppo afflitto dalla limitazione di corrente in uscita.

Discutendone con Mario a Swolle, mi suggeriva di usare 2 polarity switch
connessi a portapile esterni, ma in questo robot non vedo nè i polarity,
nè i
motori ausiliari per attivarli....
Secondo voi come funziona?

Dino

Molto probabimente i "polarity"

I can end some speculation.  (I really need to learn Italian, if I'm going to
keep posting here)

Hidden under the battery boxes are a pair of motor controllers from Hi-Technic.
These are samples, and I'm not sure their future plans, but if there is enough
interest, they may produce them.

The controllers each require their own battery box, to avoid grounding issues
with the RCX.  They're a 4x4 box that's 5 plates high, and has 3 wires coming
out.  As you've seen, the wires are RCX/controller-input, battery box, and motor
output.

I'm using the controllers because I don't think an all-LEGO polarity switch
control scheme will be quick and/or accurate enough for the navigation
requirements of this robot.

I'm still working on the design.  I've tested it outside ONCE, so I'm not really
sure how well the whole system will stand up to the current demands of driving
through grass and up hills.

I'm hoping to have a LEGO robot that can enter a RoboMagellan event like this:
http://robogames.net/rules/magellan.shtml

When I make more progress, I'll get more information posted on the web.

Steve