 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 937
Re: Plans for an Upcoming show...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 01:21:56 GMT

Robin Sather wrote:

1. What show...

Sun June 24         South Surrey Railroad Celebration
& Swapmeet - Art Knapp Plantland, Surrey

- Possible, but we'll need to get on it immediately.

We couldn't pull this one off for a LARGE layout... If we are not going to
do it well...

July 31 - Aug 5th            Toy Train Operating Society National
Convention, Richmond

This one would be enough time...

- A much better time frame, and a bigger show.  We won't have Kevin in
the house, however, and he will be sorely missed.

Sun Sept 9th                Victoria Model Railway Show

This would be good too.

- As much fun as it would be to do a Victoria show, I really don't
think we're up to it yet.  Logistics, planning, cost, etc.  Perhaps if
we had a successful summer show under our belts, it might work.

Nov 9 - 12 (main show on Sun 11th)    Trains 2001, Burnaby

We MUST do this one. We have our honor to protect!

- Would be fun, especially since this is the show we did last year.
I'd like to do this show anyway, whether we do one in the summer or
not.  Oh, and we'll have Kevin there!

Nov 32 - 25            Abbotsford Model Railroad Historical
Society

- Perhaps.  Unless we do the Trains 2001 show, in which case it might
be a little too much work.  (Is 2001 a leap year?  Nov 32 ...  ;-)

Here's what I propose...

We build our buildings and large attractions to STAY TOGETHER until the new
year. This way we can keep adding new stuff without it being a HUGE effort
to totally restart it... This would allow us to 'reuse' our layouts for the
Show's a Plenty that are coming up...

What do you all think?

2. How big do we want the table and what layout?

I agree with Kevin that a bigger layout, preferrably one that will
accomodate multiple continuous running trains and monorails, would be
preferrable.  More discussion on this after we find out who's in.

Yes, I agree. Kevin's layout looks promising. I'd like 3 sets of tracks and
a monorail set. And a switching yard and... and...

3. How do we provide the tables.

Does this question imply that we won't have use of yours, Dean?

OF course we can use my tables. I was just posting the stages from a general
stand point.

I realize that a larger layout will require more than you have.  I might
be able to build a couple of tables that would remain my own.  I also
like Kevin's idea.  I've used old doors as desks and tables before and
they're perfect.  They even come equipped with convenient holes to run
wire through!  They are available very cheaply from building supply
places (like $5 - $10 a door).  As long as the sawhorses (trestles)
are sturdy and stable enough to do the job, this may be an option.

That would be good.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html