 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 933
Re: Plans for an Upcoming show...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 05:53:55 GMT

Hi guys,

Like many of you, I've been super busy the past few weeks and months.
I've had very little for Lego (gasp!).  I've only been sporadically
monitoring lugnet and this forum.  I will jump in on this thread
however.

0. Find out who's interested in helping and how much help (and of what
type can we expect).

I'm definitely interested in participating in an upcoming show.  I can
provide basically anything that's needed, from logistical stuff like
organization and transportation, to fun stuff like building, track,
monorail stuff, etc.

1. What show...

Some comments on the individual shows:

Sat Apr 7 / Sun Apr 8        White Rock Railroad Show

- Too soon.

Sun Apr 8            NMRA PNR 7th Division,
Mid Vancouver Island Model Railway Show, Nanaimo

- Ditto.

Sun June 24         South Surrey Railroad Celebration
& Swapmeet - Art Knapp Plantland, Surrey

- Possible, but we'll need to get on it immediately.

July 31 - Aug 5th            Toy Train Operating Society National
Convention, Richmond

- A much better time frame, and a bigger show.  We won't have Kevin in
the house, however, and he will be sorely missed.

Sun Sept 9th                Victoria Model Railway Show

- As much fun as it would be to do a Victoria show, I really don't
think we're up to it yet.  Logistics, planning, cost, etc.  Perhaps if
we had a successful summer show under our belts, it might work.

Nov 9 - 12 (main show on Sun 11th)    Trains 2001, Burnaby

- Would be fun, especially since this is the show we did last year.
I'd like to do this show anyway, whether we do one in the summer or
not.  Oh, and we'll have Kevin there!

Nov 32 - 25            Abbotsford Model Railroad Historical
Society

- Perhaps.  Unless we do the Trains 2001 show, in which case it might
be a little too much work.  (Is 2001 a leap year?  Nov 32 ...  ;-)

2. How big do we want the table and what layout?

I agree with Kevin that a bigger layout, preferrably one that will
accomodate multiple continuous running trains and monorails, would be
preferrable.  More discussion on this after we find out who's in.

3. How do we provide the tables.

Does this question imply that we won't have use of yours, Dean?  I
realize that a larger layout will require more than you have.  I might
be able to build a couple of tables that would remain my own.  I also
like Kevin's idea.  I've used old doors as desks and tables before and
they're perfect.  They even come equipped with convenient holes to run
wire through!  They are available very cheaply from building supply
places (like $5 - $10 a door).  As long as the sawhorses (trestles)
are sturdy and stable enough to do the job, this may be an option.

4. What layout of Track/Roads/ Major Sites

Too soon to discuss.  But let's hear your ideas, Dean, to get our own
juices flowing.  Now's the time to dream and brainstorm.

5. Diving up the work load of buildings and ideas...

Everyone is responsible to come up with ideas  ;-)

Robin