 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 539
Re: Building plans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 06:40:10 GMT

Claus Thiim wrote:

In article <39F79FF2.2D93D3D6@akasa.bc.ca>, Dean Husby
<nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote:

In article <39F784AE.A2D6CFAC@akasa.bc.ca>, Dean Husby
<nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote:

Ok, we are getting things rolling and my Train Duel crossing is going to
kick. Wait until you see the lights. The only thing missing is the 'ding'
sound... I'm going to need aprox 20 more 1by8 gray tiles to make the
second
track and middle stretch. Kevin mentioned he had some?

Couldn't you make a micro-motor drive a cam with a beam resting against
it, so the beam is tapping a small bell?   =)

I'm fresh out of micros. The crossing took the two I had...

...build a regular motor & bell assembly into a shack.  There are lots
of metal shacks alongside the railway tracks in real life...

<shrugs...>   Course, a constant ding-ding-dinging could drive ya nutz
if it keeps going and going and going and going, etc...

How about you build me one? I can set it to be turned off if need be...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html