 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 401
Re: Table Inventory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:38:16 GMT

Robin Sather wrote:
When I play around with possible arrangements, I agree with Kevin when
he says that we'll need more tables.  Where are the long tables
supposed to come from, Kevin?

There was space on the booking form for asking for tables if we needed
them, which we didn't ask for. I think they were 8ft tables which might
be hard to work in for us. They are likely to be the same height as my
folding table ie 29". We could also rent extra tables - I've rented them
before at a place on teh N Shore, about $10 per 6' x 2'6" folding table
(same approx height). We should see if in 8' tablewill work before I ask
Dick if we can get one or more (probably only 1). I also have here 4
closet doors, flat and smooth, each about 6' by 1'. They would work fine
if we can raise them up on something (anyone got trestles?) and are
quite flexible for moving around and making different layouts.

I also think that we should try to make one end of the layout a little
bigger, sacrificing some of the space in the middle.  I was able to
create several table arrangements (using 1 additional 72" x 30" table)
that would give us a nice big blob on one end, and at least a 3 bp
wide blob on the other.

Agreed.

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page: