 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 398
397  |  399
Subject:
Table Inventory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:43:07 GMT

I did not take notes on this at the planning meeting, so I thought
we'd better finalize a list.  I made my own little paper cutouts to
play with, and I just want to make sure that I'm working with the same
number and size tables you guys are.

From the meeting, and Kevin's post, here's what I have (L x W x H):

60" x 30" x 35 5/8" - Dean
60" x 18" x 35 5/8" - Dean
30" x 30" x 35 5/8" - Dean
30" x 30" x 35 5/8" - Dean
30" x 18" x 35 5/8" - Dean *
30" x 18" x 35 5/8" - Dean *
48" x 30" x 29" - Kevin *

Possibly get:

72" x 30" x ? - Train Show (Cameron Rec Centre)? *

Please correct this list.  The tables above with an asterix ("*")
indicate tables that do not exactly fit baseplates.  In these cases,
I'm sure that we can handle a 2 inch overhang, as long as the tables
themselves are solid and anchored (duct tape to floor, etc.).  In the
case of the 72" long table, we'd have 2 inches "sticking out" that
would need to be covered with something.

When I play around with possible arrangements, I agree with Kevin when
he says that we'll need more tables.  Where are the long tables
supposed to come from, Kevin?

I also think that we should try to make one end of the layout a little
bigger, sacrificing some of the space in the middle.  I was able to
create several table arrangements (using 1 additional 72" x 30" table)
that would give us a nice big blob on one end, and at least a 3 bp
wide blob on the other.

Anyway we do it, I think we should try for the full 19 bp length, and
7 bp depth at least on one end.

Now I'm rambling ...

Robin