 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 128
Re: Exclusivity in VLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 00:57:35 GMT

Not giving out the location of meetings may make sense if those meetings
are being held on private property, but what should really be a
pubically accessible event like a LEGO club meeting is probably not in
the best interests for the growth of the club to continue to be held at
such a location.

At the moment, the space being used is large enough, and yes it's
communal-use space on private property. If it becomes too small - which
I predict it will quite soon - then we'll need to look for alternatives
eg schools, libraries, churches etc.

It's really not hard to come to a meeting. I have brought several guests
to the last few meetings with no problems. And the VLC has been pretty
well publicised on LUGNET (and I think on RTL, IIRC) so that people do
know where to find the website. People not on the Net are another
question.

Mark, why don't you come to a meeting? Either join on the website or
come as my guest. We're all just  kids who want to have fun, no-one is
trying to keep people out.

Kevin

--
Personal Lego Web page: