 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 126
Re: Exclusivity in VLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:08:45 GMT

Mark,

The points you raise here might be valid.
Still, these clubs (VLC or any other LEGO-oriented clubs) aren't going to put
up signs all around town saying "come to our lego club", or actively
publishing their meetings. Most of the local groups (in fact, I think that all
of them) have formed, directly or indirectly, on LUGNET. Whether people find
them or not - that's not for the club to decide. Whether or not people know
about the club is not applicable.
Xandria's point is (correct me if I'm wrong) that anyone who *wants* to, can
join; there's no exclusiveness about it. Sure, if someone doesn't know about
the club, they can't join. But I can hardly expect otherwise, do you?

And if you know LUGNET, finding about VLC isn't very complicated. I've heard
about the club quite a few times; but if I ever wanted to find about clubs
(orgs) in Canada, I'd go to lugnet.org.ca, on this page...

http://www.lugnet.com/org/ca/

...and I'd see the two links at the top of the page, to NALUG and to VLC. Not
too complex. On VLC's page, there is a link to the official site.

<snip>
is probably not in
the best interests for the growth of the club to continue to be held at
such a location.

Holding a club at a personal location is very reasonable, so long as the # of
people fit into that location. Until a club grows beyond that number, it would
be a waste of resources (time and possibly money) to look for another place...

Just my 2 cents. I would hate to see people missing out on the fun of a lego
club... (hint, hint <jabs NELUG>)

-Shiri