 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9401
Re: train5a - Hobby Show Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:21:19 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden wrote:

Actually, we have had some discussion via email (since Lugnet was troubled :(  )
during the last week, I've sent out a proposed layout, but I have not heard are
reply... (and The Layout is at work...)

I say if calum has enough brick/technic or znap to build that bridge... then
more power to him... :)

A bridge of ZNAP?  A bridge too far. :)

This is the great JeffVW layout:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/train5a.jpg

Alright, JeffVW, Dave, Jeremy, start submitting what they're putting in.  I can
take up to one more module.  The Fire Station would probably look quite nice in
the spot where I have you Dave...it's nice and tall and makes a stepped display
with the red station.

Calum

THe firestation needs 4 studs on the module next to it.

Or I just cut it down and lose a parking bay, which I was tentatively
planning--3 bays down to 2 'cause I only have 2 complete sets of top rails for
garage doors anyway, but then the firestation looks too small for some strange
reason, but then I don't want a station to span pots 'n lots of modules 'cause I
know that Calum doesn't like that, and I hate monday mornings 'cause I'm barely
awake yet the tephelone is ringing off the hook and there's lots of irate
dispatchers wondering why their applications aren't working and then I have to
kick some other IS guy in the heinie for making such a piss poor backup script
that shuts down the database engines but does not restart them....

eh, monday.

Dave K