 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9375
Re: C-4; Is that the best you can do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:20:54 GMT

Allan Bedford wrote:

I was hoping that once Chris had met me for real that he would see that we dirt
farmers are good and honest people who also enjoy light-hearted sparring online.
But alas... I think he sees me as nothing but a rabble rouser seeking to bring
together LEGO builders in a grand display of community harmony, where no one
builder is greater than the sum of the other builders combined in
their...........

Allan, I'm kind-a disappointed.

you said to me once that you thought yourself to be as witty, and sarcastic as me.

Not an exact quote, but touche!  :)

I'm not seeing it.  Try harder.  post a link to a dirt farm... or something

http://www.sturdylink.net/cartit-shopping-demo/images/dirt-farm.jpg

Luxary!

We didn't have dirt.  We farmed dust.  We'd have to get up at 10 o'clock at
night, 1/2 an hour before we went to bed, lick the fields clean with our
tongues, then go to work at the dirt farms of the rich folk nearby and pay them
to let us do the work.

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe
you.

Allan, did you really drive for 3 hours to get to an RTL dinner.  COOL!

Yes.  403 was closed at Hamilton.  However, like a silly goose I "assumed" it
would be open by the time I got there.  It wasn't.  I detoured through Hamilton,
then overshot my return to the 403 and ended up in Stoney Creek.  I forgot that
Stoney Creek really isn't along the stretch of 403 that I wanted to be on.  So
while constantly trying to keep the sun at my back (which was how I navigated
through Hamilton) I ended up getting onto the 403 in Stoney Creek.... going
toward Niagara Falls.

Worst part?

At one point I was actually in the Toronto bound lanes of the 403, but the sun
was in the wrong position.  I didn't quite realize how far south I was.  So I
corrected and started heading back..... to Niagara Falls.  Then, when I realized
that this wasn't the stretch of 403 that I've driven a few hundred times in my
youth, I corrected once again.

and when you sat down the first thing i did was point at you and say in a loud voice
"...who's that"

e-yep.  that should like something I would do.

You should did.

Allan B.
Who is clearly neither as sarcastic or witty as Chris, but who doesn't point at
strangers in restaurants.