 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8486
Re: BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:06:18 GMT

I think the Royal York Swiss Chalet is a happy medium between the to
extremes.  It is
convenient to the Subway, and has both pay, and free parking within a
reasonable distance of the restraint.

You folks and your spell checkers :)

For reference, let me give some context for the restaurant locations.  We picked
Mel's early on, primarily because most of the people in the group were downtown.
Chris was working at Bathurst and Niagara, Rob and I were in school, JeffE lived
downtown, etc.

We moved to the Royal York location in July 2002, primarily because people were
working in west end (JeffVW, Chris, myself) plus those coming from afar (Iain,
Dave) could avoid going into the city.  There was also the other consideration
that people were getting sick of Mel's.

We began at the new Kipling Swiss Chalet because the Royal York one was going
into renovations in early 2003.  It was selected over some other places (the
Grille on Queensway for example) because it was the same chain and somewhat
close to a TTC location.

The ratio of drivers to those using public transit is starting to increase.  I'm
not sure there are many TTC users anymore, but that's just a feeling. This is
why I'd like to take a small vote and ask which of the two people would prefer.

Calum
PS-I've never had a problem parking at the Kipling location, but here's my n=1
sample.  I have, however, had plenty of problems parking at the Royal York
location-the Swiss Chalet lot is the size of a thimble, street parking is always
full from the trendy Cafe Demetre across the road, and the Green P lot AFAIK is
expensive in comparison to street parking at $5, which is 25-33% of your meal
cost already.