 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8336
8335  |  8337
Subject:
[rtlToronto] 2003 Demo Reel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 03:52:35 GMT

Hey folks,

Here's the 2003 Demo Reel, done for the Home Movie Festival at BrickFest 2003:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/video/lego-072903-demoreel.mpg
(36MB, 3m08s, MPEG1)

It's a year-long wrap up of events since the rtlToronto 2002 Demo Reel, from the
highlights of the trip down to DC in July to the latest at RoadShow Zoo.  If you
watch carefully, there's even a single clip from NMRA.*

2002-2003 has been a blockbuster year for us:  We did a lot of things we always
talked about (Battlebots Smackdown, NMRA) and postponed a lot of things we
always say we'll do (Trebuchets, Vending Machines).  We did our first real train
show, and we did three more great robotics events.  Watching the tapes of rtl11
and rtl13 were a treat.  Especially watching the live2 tapes where we skewered
Chris' robot.  They look so pathetic :)  We also gained significant media
exposure-Toronto Star in December and CityTV in January.

Anyways, it's more for people outside of rtlToronto to enjoy on the "Movie
Night" on Saturday, but I hope y'all like it.  2003-2004's looking even better.

Calum
PS-all the footage of interviews etc are not lost-trust me, I'm still working on
another "short" about robots.  I just didn't have enough material for what I
wanted to do this time.

* a free Lego octopus to whoever points it out first.