 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8236
RE: You guys aren't nearly as entertaining today...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:08:30 GMT

I have to run cat5 thru 2 floors.  Hopefully the duct work is easily accessible.

Dave's been to my house, so he knows I have the voice of experience
when I say, cat5 ????

Do the wireless thing. You get a router with 5 ports and DSL
modem connection in a cute little box that sits in your basement.

Your PC or laptop get the wireless card, allowing you to build and
surf anywhere....

Plus, when you move (and you will) it all goes with you.

There's a safty issue too. NEVER run cables or AC wire inside
your heating/cooling ducts.

I've seen a couple of houses where this was done and the wires
got worn or abraded in the pulling process, thereby making the
entire duct system LIVE - that's pronounces lyv, not liv, and
not liv as in Liv Tyler (who looks good in elf-ears).

Oh oh, I'm not even making sense to myself...

Ralph