 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7822
Re: 4093...interesting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:34:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Allan Bedford wrote:
Wind-up Set (Inventor Series).  I thought some of the
models were very cute.

I was playing with the wind-up motor, which looks very nice, but really
sucks!!!

I was thinking of buying that set but then I realized that it is almost
useless.

Do you mean the entire set is almost useless?  Or just the wind-up motor?

The entire set including motor, rocks.   These new Inventor sets are really impressive and even worth buying at full price!

You just need to realize the limitations of the wind up motor compared to the
electric of the 4094 or other sets-the windup stalls easily.  Once you're past
that, use the examples in the Ideas book and you're fine.

4093/4094 are great.  They're everything we've been asking for:

-Good piece selection
-Generic set ideas and instructions
-Back to basics Technic (ie, not Bionicle, Racers or Throwbots)
-Bright colours

I'm on the same page with you-Inventor and Designer is a great line.  I'm a hard
Lego fan to impress (just like you, Allan!) but 2003 Lego seems to be back to
core values and not the frills.

Calum