 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7815
Re: 4093...interesting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:14:26 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Moldovanu wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets wrote:
Hi.  I decided to buy two new sets yesterday at my TRU (at full retail).
Yikes!!

Anyways, I bought the microwheels set (which I just might part out completely
and put the majority of pieces into my brickshop).

I also got the Wild Wind-up Set (Inventor Series).  I thought some of the
models were very cute.

I was playing with the wind-up motor, which looks very nice, but really
sucks!!!

I went to put them into my set inventory list, and saw that there were only
5 people that claimed to own the set, and 3 of which are in our humble
group.

Just thought I'd bring that up.  Looks like there is some nice parts worth
keeping, like those silver flex-tubes, additional technic pieces like red
technic brick, etc.

I was thinking of buying that set but then I realized that it is almost
useless.

Do you mean the entire set is almost useless?  Or just the wind-up motor?

Anyway, how does the Micro-Wheels set
look? Are there great pieces? Is it worth it?

From my point of view... it looks great.  But then, I'm a huge fan of all the
Designer and now the Inventor sets.  I already have four sets from the first
series and one from the latter.

The MicroWheels is what it is.  It's a small set meant (on its own) to make
small trucks, forklifts, tractors etc.  All are done in a small scale (a la
LEGOland models circa 1975).  None of these are really minifig scale thank
goodness.  Which with a minimum amount of pieces and sticking to good design,
allows them to come off with a good degree of realism.

As far as pieces go... you'll want Peeron for the full inventory, but looking at
it here now...

7 sets of wheels
dark grey and yellow plates
headlight bricks
a handful of clear elements
some inverse slopes in dark grey
etc.

Is it worth it?  For $14.99 you get 209 pices (just barely 7 cents Canadian per
piece) and also one of the Designer set Idea Books.  In this case, the book is
63 pages long!  If you haven't seen one of the Idea Books from this series you
really owe it to yourself to at least take a look at one, if not buy a set to
get one.  They are, in my opinion, solid proof that the company hasn't entirely
lost their heritage.  These are very new books, with snazzy graphics and modern
themed models.  But the building principles (backed-up by the pieces included in
the set) are as traditional as any adult fan could want.  So yes, in my books
it's more than worth it.

Hope that helps,
Allan B.