 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7805
Re: 4093...interesting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:32:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets wrote:
Hi.  I decided to buy two new sets yesterday at my TRU (at full retail).
Yikes!!

I bought a 'new' set the other day, but used it as part of the $50 minimum to
get a free 4105 bucket.

Anyways, I bought the microwheels set

This is my favorite 'fun' set so far this year... maybe longer.  I just love the
playability of this set.

I also got the Wild Wind-up Set (Inventor Series).  I thought some of the
models were very cute.

I was playing with the wind-up motor, which looks very nice, but really
sucks!!!

I'm curious to know if the Wind-up Set has a hefty idea book like the 4090 set
does.  I couldn't believe that this little 243 piece set came with a 145 page
idea book!

And while on the surface some of the ideas might seem silly I think there are a
lot of solid building techniques featured.  I was surprised that the complexity
of the models was a good bit higher than some of those featured in the Designer
Sets.

Wind-up motor aside, did you feel the 4093 was a good value for the money?  I
love some of the orange pieces in it.  :)

Regards,
Allan B.