 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7511
Re: I adore my...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:12:23 GMT

Did I need it?

Nope--I have a PET, a Vic 20, a 64, a 128, all in boxes somewhere...

Did I want it?  From the moment I saw it.

Oh, no need to justify your purchase here.  an SX64 is a treasure.  Very cool!
Congratulations!  If you get a chance, read a book called the Home Computer Wars
by Michael Tomczyk.  It has the story of the development and marketing of the
64, SX64 and other models.

So when I saw one on EBay for 60ish US dollars, I couldn't resist...

That said, I'm getting a 1.2Ghz Duron with motherboard for about the same price
:)  Sigh, things move past so quickly.

Calum