 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7510
7509  |  7511
Subject:
I adore my...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 13:53:59 GMT

SX 64 baby!

http://sparky.i989.net/comm.htm

Yep, after 20 years, I finally got my hands on one!

When I'm in a particularly jaunty mood, I go out and buy something totally
wrong, but oh so right for me...

Did I need it?

Nope--I have a PET, a Vic 20, a 64, a 128, all in boxes somewhere...

Did I want it?  From the moment I saw it.

I actually worked for a Commodore retailer in the Greater Hamilton area years
ago, and someone brought one of these things in--I was going to swap it for a
complete 64 home system--64, 1541, 1702, *plus* 200 dollars--he hmmmm'ed and
hawww'd, but said no.

So when I saw one on EBay for 60ish US dollars, I couldn't resist...

That was like a month and a half ago, and I basically forgot about it...

Until last night when there's this package sitting at the door.

Oooooohhhh...

There's just too much going on right now that's keeping me happy.

So there you are

Dave K
-who will probably be playing Fort Apocalypse or Impossible Mission all
weekend....