 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7396
  Re: Building Competition LEGO Robots

(...) I like this quote. I cant live by it... but it is a great quote. whose is it? -- Chris Why do solar calculators have an off button? (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Building Competition LEGO Robots

(...) I like the quote, but for my 'bot building, I put it in the 'metaphysical' sense, instead of the physical sense. My robots are big, but very simple--I subscribe to the 'KISS' theory--keep it simple... Having lots of gears and motors and moving (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Building Competition LEGO Robots

(URL) an example of a very big, but very simple 'bot. It's interesting to look at it now and see all the different modules there. But it worked, and the program was very simple. Note the V in the front--originally I ahd these arms that went out (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Building Competition LEGO Robots

I think your attitude toward the competition is important to. You can approach it in the I'm going to win this, the I'm going to see if I can build something that works or the I'm going to go nuts and see what happens. For the most part I'm in the (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Building Competition LEGO Robots

(...) Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -- Antoine de Saint Exupery Actually, as the builder of one of the bots that kept falling off (the only one?) I feel qualified to (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Building Competition LEGO Robots

(...) It's actually a lazy misquote of Antoine-Marie-Roger de Saint-Exupery: (wow, have enough names?) "La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien a ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien a enlever." And I'm still too lazy to put the (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)