 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7292
Re: next fridays may 9th dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 07:51:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Wayne Young writes:
On Fri, 02 May 2003 14:12:23 +0000, Chris Magno wrote:

anyone have an idea of where we will have the next dinner?

My humble suggestion: the Manchurian Buffet Restaurant at 1255 The Queensway,
near the south-east corner of Kipling and Queensway. Not very far from the
SC we've been going to the past couple of times, and in the same area as a
Winners and a Zellers. That's assuming the recent SARS scare has not
forced them out of business...

In general the criteria for a rtlToronto dinner location is:

a) On the subway line for people who live or work downtown, or easily
walkable from the subway line.

b) Something flexible for different tastes and budgets.  Someone can come
and have a coffee or just dessert, or a full meal.

c) Not in some retarded place like Newmarket where no one else is.

d) Can handle a large group that is very distracting to other patrons.

We stopped going to the Royal York SC because they are closed for
renovations until the summer.

Calum