 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 684
Re: questions about rtl8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 02:39:48 GMT

Step one is the ubiquitous and ugly 4561.  Depending on the sale, it can be
anywhere from $46 to $199.  Anything under $100 is acceptable.  From there,
ignore the instructions and build your own stuff using your Town and Space
parts.

For that you might think about using shop @ home and get some blue doors and
/or blue windows, and getting a couple of train car kits...I bought one
for (the kit) for my high speed train (12 V intercity train)...

The other more desirable sets, 4558 (Metroliner) 4563 (LNH), 4564 (FRR), are
no longer available, so it's auction or flea market time.  But they're hard
to find, get expensive fast due to collectors, and well, aren't really worth
it if you're just gonna get into trains for a little fun and creative
building.  If you can find a sale, you can be into Train for under a hundred.

Calum

Hey Dave,

Don't listen to Calum....hint...hint....unless you seriously want to design
your own trains.  Like I mentioned earlier, the Metroliner is a must buy
set....especially with the club car....also the Freight and Crane is still
available from Shop @ Home....another highly recommended set to buy....

....or you can wait until the fall and (hopefully) be able to pick up the
highly anticipated Trainset from the Harry Potter line (oops...did I say that)
...the Hogwarts Express Train!!

I don't know if you are into that at all...I've read the first two, and from
a literature point of view, the books were quite well...the only thing I
dislike about the series is the focus on using magic...I believe magic is
possible, but don't believe in practising it...I believe it is sinful (to
practise magic arts).

I like the stories though, especially the Quidditch match. A soccor-type
sport with Broomsticks.....

some more of my opinions....hopefully not shared by all members of society,

Benjamin Medinets