 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 687
Re: questions about rtl8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:45:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
the focus on using magic...I believe magic is
possible, but don't believe in practising it...I believe it is sinful (to
practise magic arts).

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
So no worries about magic in the realm of fiction.
Dave

                       You believe in magic???

What, the spiritual kind (faith healing, miracles of God) or the Wicca kind
with the spells and conjuring?

Both...Spiritual Healing/Miracles come from the Holy Spirit who blesses the
one who has faith to empart healing to others.

The other magic, or magic that doesn't come from God, comes from Satan.

And, why is it “sinful to practice magic arts?”

Anything that doesn't come from God is sin...anything that separates us
from God is sin.

Is it that your faith finds pagan rituals to be corrupt, or is that your own
personal views?

I think it is both...my faith and my views.  However, reading about magic
like reading in books isn't against my views, and probably not against my
faith.  I am not practicing the magic, I'm just reading a story about one
who does.  I am not encouraging someone to practice it because it is just
a story book.
If I were to pay someone to divine my fortune, or participate in a
seance or the like...my view is that I am encouraging the practise of
magic arts, and thus sinning...
....this same principle can be applied to all areas of my life...
I didn't think you'd be too interested in my view points...and even if
they go contrary to yours...it really doesn't concern you, because I
am not trying to push my beliefs on you or anyone else....I just thought
that I'd mention that....being so close to Easter and all....

views expressed by Benjamin Medinets aren't shared by others on Lugnet...
thanks...

Benjamin Medinets

         Blessed be,

                                 --==Richard==--

       You can reach me  @
Shroud_of_Kung_Fu@Hotmail.com

.                                                    -Lego good, Canada great-®