 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6052
Re: Toronto Star tomorrow...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 13:23:26 GMT

Hi folks,

I am told (by the copy desk editor who just called me) that there'll be a
big surprise in the Toronto Star's Sunday edition, tomorrow.

I got my copy.

The amazing thing is that from even a short distance, you wouldn't notice
anything unusual about the logo.  Very well done!

Ahead of time, thanks to Derek Raycraft and Jeff Van Winden for helping out
with the "big project" as well as Dave for opening his home for photos.  Big
announcement, scans, details tomorrow morning, once it runs.

Nice fire station Dave.  Have you posted pics of it online before?  If so,
I've missed it until now.  Good work.

So here's my question.  Did the Star approach someone from rtlToronto?  Or
did someone from the group approach the Star with the idea for a 'lifestyle'
article?  Just curious.

Thanks to those who participated for presenting adult LEGO builders in such
a positive light.

Regards,
Allan B.

*My only beef is that I wish the copy editor had taken the time to
investigate the proper capitalization of the LEGO company name.  It's like
spelling Kleenex with a small 'k', it shouldn't really happen.  :)