 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6037
Re: My new sig file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 01:47:15 GMT

Calum, I don't remember inviting Nate?? did you invite him? I didn't?
Bruce, Iain...... anyone?

In the event Nate hasn't been keeping up with rtlToronto, and doesn't
know this is meant in jest - it is. (speaking as someone who once
pulled this sort of joke in front of people who didn't know me well
enough to know better :-( )

:)
Of course, it's only after I write the above that I see the smiley...

While were on the subject of solar calculators.... I can modify my sig
file. but before i do I'll have to run it by you I guess.

Why, then, do solar calculators have an ON button. now I'm NOT talking
about the dual power ones.

Its my understanding that LCD's do not suffer from "burn in" and in
theory could just be ON with 0 as the display.... why do i have to take
an extra step and turn ON my solar power calculator.

Actually LCD's do slowly suffer when you leave them on. They're
actually supposed to be pulsed (and most LCD controllers take care of
this automatically) and what you are in fact doing is causing a
crystal to physically twist to change it's apparent on/off state (the
contrast control on some LCD units just adjusts the amount of twist).
Anyway, if you twist something long enough, it will eventually break.

Matthias Jetleb