 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6031
Re: 10024 - Red Baron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 05:03:55 GMT

Build a working LEGO Intamin AG Giant-Drop* for hamsters?  Whoever can drop
the furthest without killing it wins?

Hmmm. Why does this bring the proposed trebuchet(sp?) contest back to
mind? Seems to me we left of contemplating a fun, but not too
dangerous projectile.

Hamster Pros:
- hey, they're rodents after all
- they're fairly soft (assuming they don't come at you claws
first)
- we can each buy two a couple of months before the event and
ensure we have an ample supply by contest day

Hamster Cons:
- could require clean-up if they hit a solid object (wall,
table edge, etc)
- getting hit by one claws first could be really painful
- this probably wont endear us to small children (then again,
where is that "your robot sucks, mister" kid anyway?)
- there's probably something in the library bylaws against
this sort of thing

Matthias Jetleb