 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5957
Re: Another competition idea: rtlToronto 14.5: Do you Mock me, Sir?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:31:00 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
Actually Chris is a real threat in this competition.  After all, we
haven't closed the loophole of the self-mocking robot. :)

OK, I'm confused.  I've posted a few messages from work now BUT they are
not showing up on line.

how am I supposed to come back with my witty repartee if I cant post
from someplace OTHER than home.

You know, I hate to say this, but I'm actually starting to feel bad for
Chris.  I guess some of us really just don't "get" technology.  They say a
good leader will surround himself with people smarter than he is.  I think
that's easy for Chris to do.

He's cried out for help, by claiming his building skills are lacking ("I
can't build") and at every rtl event I've been to, I've seen Chris backup
this statement with hard evidence.  I've heard stories about other events,
("Hey Mister...") but I just couldn't imagine anyone needing help that badly.

At times like this, when our country is in need...  oh, wait...  wrong speech...

At times like this, when our leaders need our support, we must show that we
believe in him and what he represents.  This is when we must make the
sacrifice...  Step up to the plate...  Meet the challenge...  Overcome all
obstacles...  And support his cause.

You may be thinking, "What can I do?  I'm only one person."

Well, the answer is simple.  You can build a robot.  It doesn't have to be a
great robot.  It doesn't even have to be a good robot.  (ask Chris)  Just
build a robot and bring it to the next rtl event.

I believe an overwhelming show of support from the entire rtl group, and
others from outside the group, will inspire Chris to learn how to use his
e-mail.

Thanks for your support
Steve

Remember, every robot counts.  (usually in binary)