 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 541
540  |  542
Subject:
XWing Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:34:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kevin Stone writes:
Hope your feeling better soon!

Thanks, I'm doing a little better today, enough to forgo extraneting in and
actually physically going to the office.

I've been considering getting the UCS X Wing and see that it is on sale for
$119.99 (40% off) on Sears web site. Was the price you paid better than this?
If so which Sears outlet location did you go to? and did you leave any at
the store? It might be worth a trip to Toronto to pick up a few!

It was $100, with another $30 off (30% Toys that weekend), so it came to $70
each.  But I ended up buying all three available, as I wanted one, and two
of my friends wanted them too.  I would have bought more to share with
rtlToronto folk, but that was all that was available.  It was at Sears
Clearance Brampton, which is at 410 and Queen.  You turn left off the
highway, and go west, and there's the big clearance depot about a block in.

But even at $120 it is an excellent deal.  I paid $126 tax in for the
TIE/Int model and that one is $50 less usually than the XWing.

That's not to say there aren't more out there, I'm sure more will turn up.
It seems to vary: the sets most often we find there are Star Wars stuff, and
Soccer.

Calum