 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 534
Re: rtlToronto, the Shirt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:49:19 GMT

Hi folks,

A long while ago, I was thinking about doing a custom rtlToronto shirt using
iron ons.  Now that rtlToronto has grown significantly, I would like to
gauge the response for a properly screenprinted shirt.  I've come up with a
design and I'm very familiar with doing t-shirts (having designed six of
them now).

Here's the info:

The shirt would be 100% cotton Fruit of the Loom, dark blue.  It can be any
size you'd like, but I'll probably order a bunch of large and XL's.  The
front is a two colour (red and white) rtlToronto logo, the back is a single
colour white artwork.  The entire thing would be professionally
screenprinted at a local shop which does t-shirt screenprinting (ie, not one
of those schwag middlemen).  I've even toured their production factory.
It's really neat-they have 12-15 printing lines and another 12 Tajima
stitchers for embroidery.

Delivery would be at a Dinner or an Event.

Here's the design:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/rtlShirt.jpg

Note the back will be white line drawings of various Lego parts, roughly the
sort of design shown in this mockup.  I'll put up full resolution graphics
once I'm done the design.  The layouts are done in Adobe Illustrator.

The price would be roughly $15 each.  This is assuming a 24 shirt order.
Any profit (and at this level, there is none if very little) would be
returned into the rtlToronto Operational Budget (aka, the "pot" :) for room
rentals etc.  We'd get a few more for people to buy at Events, or at dinners
etc.

Follow up onto this message or send me an email if you'd like a shirt.  It's
not a cast in stone thing, but just to gauge response.

Calum

Nice t-shirt on the front...I don't really like the back too much...nice
artwork, though.  The reason I don't really like the back is that it depics
the primary focus of most of your events (the Robotics) and I am not into
that area.
I would probably be interested in buying one anyways, despite the back.
Just so I can show people my interest in the most local area LUG, since there
isn't a big base of Lego Fans (that are open) in Niagara.