 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 509
Re: new game/rule help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 02:06:53 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

to me this means you can build a "robot" that is really 2 or more bots
that each go about their thing.

Yes.

If someone is entering 4 robots as ONE player, should the robot have to
be one robot to start and break into 4 robots, OR should all the entered
robots just have to fit in the square??

I'd like it to be the break a part bot, but Calum says it makes it too
complex.

One thing I notice is a perverse requirement to make things mechanically
complex, when there are other strategic, programming or organizational
solutions which can solve problems in other ways.  It's sort of like the
difference between Cray supercomputers (complex, expensive and elegant) vs
MPP clusters (simple, cheap but ugly).

If you want to impose a requirement to make them all one unit, someone who
enters four bots will simply join them with a little Space hose.

Calum