 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4639
    A major concern: Where to find basic bricks? —Calum Tsang
   Something struck me as a big problem with Lego lately while building part of my train station today-we don't have a good source of basic 1x and 2x bricks anymore. I've got like six unopened 3033's left, but after that...does this concern anyone (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: A major concern: Where to find basic bricks? —Derek Raycraft
   I have three Yodas. :-) I agree there is a disturbing lack of basic bricks out there. Like you I have 7 3033 in reserve, but there are few options once those have been used. As you say the bulk selection is expensive and doesn't include several (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: A major concern: Where to find basic bricks? —John Barnes
     I think this a very important topic. In fact, it should get posted elsewhere on lugnet too, so it becomes a lot more visible. One of TLCs trademarks is the brick afterall!! Shame they aren't making them anymore! I agree with many of the sentiments (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: A major concern: Where to find basic bricks? —Calum Tsang
     (...) Maybe we can cut and paste it later into the Dear Lego or LD areas, once other stuff dies down. :) (...) If they were $20 USD in the States, man, they must have been losing money in Canada. We were getting them for about $17 Canadian ($11 USD) (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: A major concern: Where to find basic bricks? —Benjamin Medinets
     (...) Or at the very least, offer bulk in more sizes of brick. If they feel like their profit margin is affected. I know this isn't the best optimal outcome, but it may be easiest to implement, and probably one of the best for profit for LEGO. I (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: A major concern: Where to find basic bricks? —Calum Tsang
   (...) I had the same thought about the Yoda. I was eyeing the box like a stranded rugby team staring at each other after crashing on the side of a mountain. Jedi Master = Foundation For New Train Station. (...) I agree. The multitude of Bionicle (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: A major concern: Where to find basic bricks? —Derek Raycraft
   You know really I should unload some of mine on them. I've got way more of those large axle blocks and wheels then I'll ever use. This is also one of those cases where they gave the kid System lego before he was really ready for it. It became quite (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)