 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4646
Re: A major concern: Where to find basic bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:28:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John Barnes writes:
I think this a very important topic. In fact, it should get posted elsewhere
on lugnet too, so it becomes a lot more visible.

Maybe we can cut and paste it later into the Dear Lego or LD areas, once
other stuff dies down.  :)

I agree with many of the sentiments expressed by people who mourn the demise
of the 3033. If TLC took it off the market because they were only just
breaking even at a retail of $20 US, then they could have at least tried
upping the price before withdrawing them altogether. I'd happily pay $30
apiece too. Even by mailorder(or is that spelled eorder these days) from
S@H. And even in cardboard boxes, save the shipping cost on the blue tub.

If they were $20 USD in the States, man, they must have been losing money in
Canada.  We were getting them for about $17 Canadian ($11 USD) for a while,
once you factored in sales and stuff.  Of course we still had to pay for
better healthcare and education (15% sales tax here in Ontario) :)  but we
still got it good here.  I would have paid $30 CAD, and the tub is, while
nice (and useful for macaroni salad, as our German friends have shown us),
inconsequential, I agree.

They used to sell a 450 piece cardboard box, which is what I wouldn't mind
them coming out with again.

Calum