 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4645
Re: A major concern: Where to find basic bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:42:25 GMT

I think this a very important topic. In fact, it should get posted elsewhere
on lugnet too, so it becomes a lot more visible.

One of TLCs trademarks is the brick afterall!! Shame they aren't making them
anymore!

I agree with many of the sentiments expressed by people who mourn the demise
of the 3033. If TLC took it off the market because they were only just
breaking even at a retail of $20 US, then they could have at least tried
upping the price before withdrawing them altogether. I'd happily pay $30
apiece too. Even by mailorder(or is that spelled eorder these days) from
S@H. And even in cardboard boxes, save the shipping cost on the blue tub.

S@H bulk sales would be ok if it even closely offered a selection of
3033-like contents. It doesn't! There are no yellow bricks apart from an odd
assortment I can't use. I need yellow 2x6 bricks. So I'm plain out of luck!

JB

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes:

I agree there is a disturbing lack of basic bricks out there.  Like you
I have 7 3033 in reserve, but there are few options once those have been
used.  As you say the bulk selection is expensive and doesn't include
several useful sizes like 1x1 and 1x3 for example.  Its also an
expensive way to get bricks.