 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4644
Re: A major concern: Where to find basic bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:22:14 GMT

I have three Yodas. :-)

I agree there is a disturbing lack of basic bricks out there.  Like you
I have 7 3033 in reserve, but there are few options once those have been
used.  As you say the bulk selection is expensive and doesn't include
several useful sizes like 1x1 and 1x3 for example.  Its also an
expensive way to get bricks.

But then we have lots of bricks already, what also consens me is the
inability of kids just getting into Lego to get basic bricks.  When in
Vancouver I stayed with friends of mine, and they have a young son who
is trying to get into lego.  I played around with him for a while, but
in this huge pile of lego there weren't even enough basic bricks to
build a simple wall, let alone a small house or something.  I watched
him struggle trying to come up with something he could build.  I
struggled just to come up with a simple car.  Specialized parts are
nice, but it really sucks when that's all you have.

Derek

(or is that Yodii?)