 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4470
  Finished! Quadro Assembly Carousel

(URL) was tonight's project. My first marble project in a long time! Includes a video, and lots of pictures. Enjoy! Iain (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Finished! Quadro Assembly Carousel

Whoa! Great piece of work, Iain. Nobody does this better than you. You are the marble king! The movie shows a very smooth operation. I don't see any "flying marbles". Very well engineered and fun to watch. BTW your presentation is very professional. (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Finished! Quadro Assembly Carousel

Wow that is so cool. Turned on repeat and watched the video for like 20 minutes. Derek (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Finished! Quadro Assembly Carousel

(...) Oh My Goodness!! Was that ever fun to watch! You never cease to inspire me--the Delta 'bot at the last competitoin was beautiful to watch, and so is this! Iain, Keep up the great work! Dave (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Finished! Quadro Assembly Carousel

Really great construction, very cool movie (but with one colored marble the cycle would have been easier to follow...) ...and you built that in only 3 1/2 h ???? I still have to improve a lot my building skills :p Philo www.philohome.com (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Finished! Quadro Assembly Carousel

Inspiring model. The excellent movie provides an effective internet medium to present such a fascinating moving model. Keep up the good work. (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Finished! Quadro Assembly Carousel

(...) Iain, I have to add my congratulations for this project! I have worked on many real-world carousel assembly machines, including one that assembles 35mm film casettes and one for firearm cartridges. You sure have captured the appearance of a (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:GwMCE3.Er3@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks everyone for all your coments :) Iain (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

"Jerry Kalpin" <jdkalpin@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:GwnCsB.3IC@lugnet.com... (...) sure (...) Cool! My favourite kind of automation is where there are pallets or interlocking carousels. It's a concept that really fascinates me. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Finished! Quadro Assembly Carousel

(...) Silicone spray does'nt hurt your Lego parts; I use it on those small balljoints like in the Supercar suspensions... Gr, Sibo (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Finished! Quadro Assembly Carousel

Iain, Do you have a .dat file available of your neat machine. I would like to understand more of the mechanisms you used. Guido (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

"Guido Heunen" <heunen@esrf.fr> wrote in message news:Gx6EIA.79@lugnet.com... (...) If you mean like, one of those MLCAD or LDRAW files, no I don't. I've fiddled around a little bit with that program but not enough to understand how to connect (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)