 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4459
Re: Aw crap.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 16:07:29 GMT

Rebel Transcanner wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:

Or that the power plant on it (which burns Megablocks, of course)
doesn't
have proper ABS scrubbers installed.

You know what really bothered me? On CNN they were talking about some
nuclear warfare nonsense. But what bothered me is that while the comentator
was saying their bit, they were showing overhead shots of NUCLEAR GENERATION
STATIONS.

Some generation stations can double as enrichment plants pretty easily,
Iain.  Scientific American had a pretty good article on that in the last
year or so, in the light of the India vs. Pakistan arms race.

Sigh.

      Iain (who is *all* for Nuclear, Wind, Geothermal, Solar, Hydro and
Fuel Cell technology, and has been inside the pressure building of a
reactor, standing on a gantry over the heavy water tank, looking down at the
glowing reactor core some 9 metres below the surface of the water)

I've tried making cooling towers out of Lego before, but at the scale of
the
train layout we have, they look too chunky, to my eyes.

And without the cooling towers, it's just a couple of buildings with
domed
roofs and radioactive spiders coming out the back door.

Anyone know of an example of a reactor done in Lego?  Otherwise my
ABS-burning
plant will stay in operation - the smokestacks are evocative.

Jeff