 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4453
Re: Aw crap.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2002 19:48:12 GMT

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

reactor, standing on a gantry over the heavy water tank, looking down at • the
glowing reactor core some 9 metres below the surface of the water)

Told you it wasn't the well water in Innerkip, Chris... :)

LOL! Actually, I've toured... I think at least 4 reactors. Too bad that's a
practice I can no longer enjoy. Bruce Nuclear and Cook Nuclear (Michigan) I
know I've had tours at, and it was McMaster University's reactor I got to
get really up-close and personal with back in like, 97? when everyone was
thinking about going to university (HA!).

That was seriously cool though.  I wanted to be up in Kincardine at Bruce • B
in New Years in 1999.  I figured it there was a place to die on Y2K, it'd • be
right at the source...

What, you thought the moderators were gonna get pulled out or what? :)

    Iain

PS - Calum has this really awesome book about design engineering things gone
wrong. One of the things in it talks about this horrific accident that
happened way back a while ago when the United States was first fooling
around with nuclear power generation. I don't want to spoil it for anyone
who might read it (Storytime at the next dinner?), but it's really, really
gut-wrenching...