 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4046
Re: This place was dead because... (Was Re: lego Insurance)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 05:27:10 GMT

It's so dead because you don't have us lowly outsiders here. :-)

Maggie, HI!

:)

See, This is what I thought.  But i was being too polite to say
anything.

:)

But since it
is so dead, maybe you can answer me this:
I read in .ot-fun that one of you has a LEGO tattoo.

WOW, people in other groups talk about me.  (GOSH, Blush)

Gee.  I don't know what to say.

maybe i should start reading ALL the other groups... OR maybe I could
just use the web interface and scan for my name....

MAybe I need a life.

:)

OK, back to my favourite topic, ME.

Yes I have a lego tattoo.  I think I can safely say I was the first to
get a lego tattoo , or at least the first to post pictures on the net.
It is my understanding that several people now have some form of lego
tattoo.

And I was supplied links to the pictures-- but
guess what, they aren't working!

As to the missing link:  well, for that I can only lay the blame at the
feet of my ISP.

I just took a few moments to find the link and while i was at the page I
read what I had typed about the tattoo et. et and WOW, I really need to
update that page.
a word of warning,  this was one of the very FIRST web pages i ever
created.  and by this I mean it is BAD.  ugh.  i am almost ashamed to
post the link.   (shrug) what the heck.
the other warning is that the actual picture is bad.   like the page
says, I took the "photo" long before i owned a digital camera; All I had
was a cheap, lame hand scanner.

So I'm still wondering what it looks like (is
it the yellow letters on red?)

it is a classic red 2x4 lego brick.

and, well, I assume it is in a presentable
location or else I wouldn't have been given the link.  Hmm... at least I don't
*think* I would have (keeping in mind that this IS a family forum!).

Yes.  it is located on my upper right arm.

  And I
assume it is the only time the artist was ever asked to tattoo LEGO?

In fact. YES.  Barry, the biker tattoo artist thought it was mare cool
than his tattoo of a kitchen blender.

and now the link:

http://members.rogers.com/cmagno/tattoo.htm

Fact:  in the years that the page has been public, 2 people at 2
different times felt they should take the time to e-mail me
(anonymously) and let me know how bad the drawing was. and or how bad
the idea was.

Chris
Pretend this says something funny