 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3791
Re: The least you could do!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:22:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ivan Louch writes:

And in case someone is interested, here are the final scores:
1. Rob        645pts
2. Chris        565pts
3. Phil        545pts
4. Ka-On    510pts
5. Dave    500pts
6. Mario/Calum    460pts
7. John    380pts
8. Trevyn    280pts
9. Ivan    270pts
10. Derek    140pts
11. Matthias 80pts
12. Tony/Jennifer 20pts

Even though I expected a bit higher scoring I'm still very happy that my bot
worked at all, since it is my most difficult project yet. I just wish I had
more time for tweaking and debugging, as my biggest problem certainly was
unreliability due to lack of play-testing (mainly the software that I wrote
some time between Friday evening and Saturday morning) . Must say I greatly
underestimated the complexity of the task, so let us learn on out mistakes
:))

Awesome event guys! Kudos!

Ivan

So the age old rtlToronto(tm) robot challenge event problem...

Do we do this one again for rtlToronto(tm) 11?

Ideas for rtlTornto(tm) 11 that I have heard or I would like to see:

The maze following 'bot that I came up with a few months back...

The black pop cans in the 4x4 arena (search and grab 'bot)

The 'dragster' 'bot that we've been discussing since like rtlToronto(tm)
8ish (20 feet of speeding up, 6 inches of stopping, and a wall at the end if
you don't stop--closest to the wall wins...)

Smack-Down 'bot - no holds barred 'bots in the arena, taking out other 'bots
by any means necessary (a la Robotica)...

I would be willing to conduct any of the above events.

My little notes on rtlToronto(tm) 10--

1. Had a great time!
2. was great sitting beside Chris--anytime he started his 'bot, mine would
go, too!
3. I was in awe of pretty much every other 'bot there.  Iain's was right
across from me and was just mesmerizing, Robs was just way too cool for
words, Chris might go on about how ugly his was, but watching the 2 EOATS,
one for scanning, one for placing, move across the board was just too
cool... and it was halfway thru the day when I realized that the scanning
EOAT woould return to the other side of the board all by itself after a
certain amount of time.  I was sitting there, no one around, and the
scanning EOAT started to move...

Anywho, it was a great day.

Dave