 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3778
3777  |  3779
Subject:
rtl10 Photo Request Re: The least you could do!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 22:22:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

we had  many cameras, and I'm know Calum, will soon have the photos on
line.  I think the reason for all the silence (for me at least) is the
feeling of being "drained"  unlike any other event we have had in the
past,  this was very difficult mentally.  A lot of people put in a lot
of man hours.  I am just tired.

Hi folks,

I'm putting together as noted the next collection of "official" rtl10
photos.  Drop me a note and let me know where I can pull them down from in a
large zip file or something I can wget easily.  I've got about 30 of my own
photos which were shot by me and Iain.

To all of you I want to say thank you for such a wonderful event.

Yes, thanks to all the robot builders, whether or not you were successful in
completing your robot or not.  ProjectX was a very tough challenge and while
all were XY gantries (except Iain's delta) I'm surprised by all of the
different detailed designs people used for grippers, drive mechanisms,
sensors and targets.

We have worked out ideas for the next event.  I'll tell you about it
later.

Additional rtl11 Ideas, Part 3:

-Dancing robots
-Pipe worms
-Crawler pads (like the shuttle transporter) (ie, a robot that can carry a
very heavy load that can tip or spill over on a curving/nonlinear path-, ie
four 2L pop bottles with caps opened)
-Minifigure assembly factory
-853/8880/8448/8466 SUV Jousting
-Precision rocket launchers

Calum
PS-let's turn rtlToronto/Live1 into hockey since we just won the Olympic
Gold Medal for Men's ice hockey! (and the Women's game earlier this week)
Woooooohooo! Oh wait, we just gave out all the plastic balls.  Damn!