 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3733
Re: Hey TrainHeads ! The SuperChief is on Lego's site! (item 10020)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:46:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Oliver Giesen writes:
G'Day
Subject says it all !
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=%7B14D84376%2D1915%2D11D6%2D8AE5%2D00B0D
0A69CDF%7D
$39.99 US seems to be OK even if it does work out to about $7,898.99
Canadian. ;p

Has anybody figured out what this thing will actually cost in Canadian
dollars, after exchange, shipping and duty are added in?

No, but I'd guess around...$70 to $75 CAD?  Overpriced.  I'd pay $30-40 for
it, tops--that's when I can get a full 4561 with track, motor, speedreg, and
wheelsets for $45 at Sears Clearance.  S@H seems to think Canadian dollars
scale 1:1.55 linearly.

Um, why wouldn't they? Today's rate is 1 US Dollar = 1.58860 Canadian (from
the OANDA site) and that rate applies to one dollar or one thousand, ne?

I may finally order from Shop At Home U.S.  This is a really interesting set.

I'im not The Superchief is frighteningly American.    I like Lego trains (or
did like them) mainly because they represented European types.  If I wanted
EMD trainsets, I'd go buy Lionel.

Wouldn't be LEGO though.  If I wanted Lionel I'd buy Lionel...

There are a large number of North American fans that really really wanted
some North American prototype stuff. (not all of them are capable of
building what they want and not all can afford Guild of Bricksmiths(tm)
prices to get North American proto gear)

This is the closest we've ever come after years and years of all European
stuff. You may like euro and that's great, but be happy for those of us who
are finally getting what we want. :-)