 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3225
Re: ProjectX thoughts and beyond
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 04:59:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik writes:

rtl9 and 10 being completely wheel free, I kind of miss driving around on
wheels:) Or, maybe we could introduce a secondary game in addition to the
main event (Dragracers!). As has been said before, this would have to be run
by someone other than Calum and Chris.

Back in rtl7, weren't you complaining you were sick of driving around? :)  I
wouldn't mind getting back to simpler challenges that are just simple plain
fun.  Call me dumb, but it'd be great to build a simple challenge game that
wasn't so hard that could be whipped up together.

On the never ending topic of mindless destruction, how about a Manas based
robot smackdown game.  People could pair up to buy Manas at Walmart
(basically making the investment about $45 or so, and you're only allowed
the base Mana chassis plus motors and battery boxes, but no RCXs, Scouts,
uScouts etc...  Then you proceed to build a giant smackdown robot.  It's
kind of mindless but it could be a pile of fun!  Who wins in a bout would be
judged by three impartial judges, perhaps who aren't into Lego, based on the
usual Battlebots nebulous categories of aggression, hazards (walls, pink
bricks scattered about) etc...Ivan?  Dave?  Chris?

Calum