 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3191
Re: ProjectX thoughts and beyond
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 04:29:26 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ivan Louch writes:
I think the idea of an entrance fee prevents (well discourages) the • "lurkers"
from participating.  And it certainly discourages the less established
robotic builders from entering also

Well instead of an entrance fee, that will discourage random wondering, why
don't we have a 'contest participation fee'? Only people with competing
robots should pay that 5-10 bucks.

3800 does sound like a nice idea! ummm... transparent turntables <drool>

well....I guess it doesn't matter to me since I am the "official
scorekeeper", and I guess that would make me the most impartial person.
That being said, a nice set like that would probably encourage the
competitors to win by all means, ethical or not.....
and I am sure those that competed in the past know what I mean....

anyways....

I didn't expect to get another one, since I already had 2...

Hey! I don't even have a single rtlTShirt yet!

Oh....I wasn't talking about that, but that wouldn't be a bad prize to
give out, heck, I might even donate $15 to use it as a prize....hmmmmm....

I was talking about the "give-away" from Lego Shop @ Home, the one you got
for a "gift" for ordering over $75 on an order.
(sheepishly....) I managed to put in 3 orders over $75, including the last
one that reached over $300.... (oops!!!) :)

Ben

I would love to get one thou'... Chris, Calum? could you guys bring one over
this Friday? an XL should do it :))

Ivan
"Push to test, release to detonate"