 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3098
Re: Love that Costco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 19:49:01 GMT

Well, unfortunately, I think Mario forgot to mention 400 and 7 is out of
8466's.  By the time Mario got his last week, there were only four, of • which
one was really complete-we spent 30 minutes (and yes, if you've ever seen
two grown people trying to debate whether or not they see three green
fairings in an obscured polybag, then dig behind skids of it was really
quite hilarious) piecing together one full set out of various parts, so
unfortunately this latest $49 news is only good for those who already went
and got them beforehand, to get a refund on the difference.

Calum

<sarcasm: ON>
NOW they tell us.....
<sarcasm: OFF>

Let's review the past few days...
Day 1 (Jan 1 2002)
I go online and see Marios post about $50 8466's! I get excited, because
that was just to good of a deal to pass up. I call my friend (who has a
membership... he has it for the lower priced CD's, DVD's and the odd piece
of software) I convince him to come with me to the 400 and 7 Costco on the
next morning.

Day 2
We arrive at Costco, and I am excited (my first Lego set in almost 6
months!!!) (with exception to the Star Wars Cloud Car I bought before the
last dinner). We wander to the toy Isle, and I don't see a skid with Full of
Lego with a glowing aura around it... so I walk down the next Isle, and low
and behold I see some Lego sets in the Isle I was just in.

I run back... As I approach I realize that there are 3 sets 2 8466's and a
Silver Champion, all opened..... My first thought was Who would do such a
thing.... So I opened the better looking of the two boxes, and see 4 wheels,
8 bags, an instruction manual, and a sticker sheet.... My hopes increase, I
thumb through the book and all of the bags (labelled form 1 to 8) are
accounted for. So I think what the heck, for 50 bucks I can't go wrong...
can I?

I get home and Start building... I got partway through the first section and
loose pieces out of the box. So what do I do, you ask? I call Lego and after
a short discussion find out that I can get all of the pieces that I am
missing sent to me.

So I the long run, I think that I still got a deal, I just have to wait for
the missing parts.

Jeff VW