 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3085
Re: Love that Costco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 05:18:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Matthias Jetleb writes:
I went to Costco this evening only to find out what I had suspected,
but never confirmed: you need a membership. Well, I briefly considered
purchasing a membership, just to get the 4x4 for $50 but decided that,
given that I'm nowhere near a Costco and that since I haven't ever
needed to go to one for any reason before, it simply wasn't worth the
$51.75 ($45+tax) membership fee. So I'm wondering...

Yeah, unfortunately so.  Costco is a frickin scam, but one I'm unfortunately
addicted to with my family.  It's something to do with the 3 pound pies, the
giant strudels etc.

It would be deeply appreciated.

Well, unfortunately, I think Mario forgot to mention 400 and 7 is out of
8466's.  By the time Mario got his last week, there were only four, of which
one was really complete-we spent 30 minutes (and yes, if you've ever seen
two grown people trying to debate whether or not they see three green
fairings in an obscured polybag, then dig behind skids of it was really
quite hilarious) piecing together one full set out of various parts, so
unfortunately this latest $49 news is only good for those who already went
and got them beforehand, to get a refund on the difference.

Calum